- Aims and Objectives
- In our modern age “subject specialization” is a reality. The concept of architecture, throughout its entire history has been integrated to science of engineering and to the art of design and decoration, and most of the time the design of architecture has been uniquely formed by specialists, by combining all those features into one body. As we are going through an age of pure science, specialization is considered to be more important than everything in approaches established on scientific grounds. In accordance with these developments of our modern age, interior design has taken its place as one of the professions requiring specialization. This subject has gone through its own evolutionary process and established its own modern concepts today. The Department of Interior Architecture of NEU was established in 2003 and since then it has been creating its own unique style in this subject.
- Considering all those features, the aim of the department is to train people who can integrate aesthetics and conformity with design to create unique samples of art of Interior Architecture in accordance with the needs of people whose demands and pleasures vary at different levels.
- Employment Opportunities
- Graduates of interior architecture have employment opportunities at various institutions and states, and also private sectors such as municipalities, companies focusing on industrial designs, private design studios, furniture design and production companies, or can also run their own business.
- Departmental Facilities
- The departmental program is supported with several facilities through which the students can experience theoretical and practical aspects of interior design. In the first two years students study theories and basics of interior architecture and in the last two years, students are mostly trained in workshops. There is one teaching staff for 5-7 students, and this rate is much beyond the international standards, and each student’s progress is given special attention throughout the entire learning and practicing period. This significantly improves the quality and achievement level of our students.
- The medium of instruction is in Turkish for the Interior Architecture program in the Faculty of Architecture